Unable to publish hosted feature layers

10-23-2021 10:11 PM
JessRitchie
New Contributor II

Hello, I am no longer able to publish hosted feature layers.

I have tried to publish through ArcGIS Pro and through uploading content to my ArcGIS Online page, however, neither option works - both come back with error messages.

I had no issues for about a year and would frequently publish web layers. When I attempt to publish via ArcGIS Pro the service definition still goes into my Content but nothing else. 

The error message I get is: 'Failed to publish web layer'.

Looking at the log, the only error I can see is: Publishing web layer failed (AGO)

When I check the shapefile via the 'Analyze' button, no issues come up. 

When I try to upload directly within my Content page, I get the following error message: The item you requested cannot be found. The item may have been deleted or you may have entered an incorrect URL.

The only difference I can think of between when it worked for me and when it did not is when there was a few days lapse in my subscription. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Jess

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please check the expiry/renewal date of your subscription and available credits in ArcGIS Online. Maybe the subscription has expired or credit balance is negative.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JessRitchie
New Contributor II

The subscription is valid until 2022, and I have many credits left (96), so not sure what's happening. 

0 Kudos
Abdullah_AlFazari
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jess,

try to go to the Content tap, and click on the layer itself to update the sharing level, once you make any updates, then it will ask you to (update the hosted layer), save and try if you are able to publish.

0 Kudos
JessRitchie
New Contributor II

Hi there, unfortunately, I can't even get any feature layers on my Content page to try to see if I can publish them. The content I do have has all been shared to 'public' with no issues. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Log-out from ArcGIS Online (in Pro).

Clear browser cache.

Close all ArcGIS Applications and browsers.

Reboot your system.

Open ArcGIS Pro > Login to ArcGIS Online. Try publishing again.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JessRitchie
New Contributor II

Hi there, unfortunately, this does not help either. The same issues of not being able to publish a web layer come up: the service definition appears in my Content page, but not the featured hosted layer. I can host tiles, but no feature layer is allowing me to share successfully.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ensure you have the privilege to publish content to AGOL (What is your User-Type and Role?).

Could you share the zipped shapefile that you are failing to upload directly to AGOL?

If you want, you could email it to joypoddar.87@gmail.com

Think Location
0 Kudos
AnyerlinaHernandez
New Contributor II

I'm experiencing this very same issue since I renewed my subscription last August. Did you solve it?

0 Kudos