Select to view content in your preferred language

Turn layers on or off independently on different layouts from the same map

08-26-2019 02:29 AM
JoeNunn
Frequent Contributor

Is there a way to use a single map but turn layers on and off independently from the map TOC in different map frames and layouts? 

This could allow us to update symbology on a single map which would in turn update many layouts.  This would mean we do not need to update symbology for many maps.  Currently it is only possible (as far as i am aware) to change the extent of a map frame in a layout that does snot affect the map itself.

I believe this is possible in QGIS by being able to lock the layers in print composer:

Can I Turn Off or Remove Map Layers in QGIS Print Composer - Geographic Information Systems Stack Ex... 

11 Replies
JackFanZhang
Regular Contributor

Just added my kudo to the idea, which has over 110 kudos, and 5 pages of comments. What else do we need to do to have it be built and add to the next release? To me it's not an enhancement but a design bug to be fixed. The product needs have a bit MVVM in its design.

Tuck
by
New Contributor

I'm wondering the same thing. Over a year has passed since you posted this, and no change. This has been basic functionality in QGIS for years.