Jump to solution
05-08-2023 11:46 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1; file geodatabase

Scenario:

I've opened an ArcGIS Pro project that has a table in it called TEST_TABLE. The table has a join, but I wasn't aware.

I want to truncate the table. So I open the Truncate geoprocessing tool and select TEST_TABLE from the drop-down menu, not by browsing to the table in Catalog. By doing that, I've tried to truncate the in-map Contents table that has a join, which is not allowed in ArcGIS Pro. Normally, only tables without joins are truncated. At least, that's my assumption.

As expected, I get an error when I try to truncate the table with a join.

However, the error message seems incorrect/misleading:

ERROR 001400: Only the data owner may execute truncate.
Failed to execute (TruncateTable).

Bud_0-1683570908286.png

I think the error should be something like, "Cannot truncate a table that has a join." That would be more helpful to users who are trying to troubleshoot issues.

Is that error message incorrect, and is that a known issue?

Video:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Esri Case #03335647 - Truncate table (from Contents) with join throws the wrong error message

BUG-000158187: When using "Truncate Table" with a table that has a join, ArcGIS Pro provides an incorrect error message of "001400: Only the data owner may execute"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Esri Case #03335647 - Truncate table (from Contents) with join throws the wrong error message

BUG-000158187: When using "Truncate Table" with a table that has a join, ArcGIS Pro provides an incorrect error message of "001400: Only the data owner may execute"

0 Kudos