Transpose fields result drops all but single character in output

06-01-2019 08:40 AM
SheriDister
New Contributor

I have a geoprocessing model that uses the transpose tool in one of the steps. The model output is correct for me when I run as a geoprocessing tool and in model edit window. However, others who run the model get a result in which the transposed field values have only the first character or number (of the original data field) in the output. For one of the testers, the model runs fine in edit mode but the problem occurs when running from geoprocessing window; for another tester the error occurs both ways. The field created by the transpose is text 255, so it is not clear why the field contents are getting chopped to a single character and inconsistently among those who run it. Several of the transposed fields are numeric, but the transpose creates text format fields; there does not appear to be a way to specify that the tool create numeric fields when input is numeric.

Any suggestions as to why this might be occurring would be helpful. I have looked at default settings and those does not seem to be a difference among users.

0 Kudos
0 Replies