Transfer photo attachments to overlapping points in another feature class

01-19-2021 08:17 AM
Labels (3)
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Long story short, I have a need to transfer photo attachments from one feature class to another based only on an overlap/intersection. I'm having trouble thinking of a workflow for this (or perhaps I'm overthinking it). I do not have any reliable attributes like a GLOBALID to join between the two feature classes and transfer that way, I just have the matching locations. Fortunately the points I need to transfer attachments for overlap the points with the attachments exactly.

Any ideas? I'm open to either something I can script with python or do manually through ArcGIS Pro if necessary.  I do have thousands of points, however, so manually saving the photos one by one and reattaching them to their new points is something I'd rather avoid.

-Aaron
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, currently I'm trying to attempt something close to this workflow: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000014520 and using a spatial join in the place of Step 4. It also uses the workflow you linked as one of the steps. I'll come back and update if it works. 

-Aaron
0 Kudos