Transfer attribute values via geometric connection

Jump to solution
06-06-2023 05:56 AM
Luca_Schikowski
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I am experiencing some issues using attribute rules. I got a line feature class and a point feature class. When I connect the line feature with the point feature geometrically, I want to transfer attribute values between these two feature classes.

Example: The Line Feature Class got a field "LineID". The Point Feature Class got a field named "ConnectedID". Whenever I connect a line feature to a point feature, i want to transfer the value of "LineID" into the field "ConnectedID". Is this possible?

Greetings from Germany,

Luca 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MrRamonG
New Contributor III

Hello Luca, There may be a new, more direct way, but an old way to achieve this is to:
1. Do a spatial join which will combine all the attributes of both feature classes, including the unique IDs
2. Then field calculate the desired attributes, back into the original tables, using the unique IDs
3. Or just simply using the new feature classes that were created from the spatial join

Spatial Join (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Layer Slayer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MrRamonG
New Contributor III

Hello Luca, There may be a new, more direct way, but an old way to achieve this is to:
1. Do a spatial join which will combine all the attributes of both feature classes, including the unique IDs
2. Then field calculate the desired attributes, back into the original tables, using the unique IDs
3. Or just simply using the new feature classes that were created from the spatial join

Spatial Join (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Layer Slayer
Luca_Schikowski
New Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for your reply 🙂
I think you are right. That should work. But I want to update the attributes automatically, because it is part of a repeating workflow. Therefore I want to save as much time as possible.

Greetings,

Luca

0 Kudos