Topology Validation Failures after Removing Topology Rules

Jump to solution
07-07-2020 01:52 PM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm working with ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and the Pro Parcel Fabric v2, which is published as a branch versioned service on Portal 10.8 and stored in amazon postgresql rds.

I recently made some changes to our topology rules, removing several of them. Then I republished the service, and am now encountering a strange issue which appears to be related to previous error features. When I attempt to run Validate Extent, if error features related to the now-removed rules are in the extent, I get the following message:

ERROR: A failure was detected inside the topology engine.

At one point, it did give me an error code of 135, which I cannot find reference to anywhere. I am aware of the technical article about error code 220 and 221. This, however, seems different. I've tested a few different situations, and validation works in areas not previously validated, and in areas in which error features refer to extant rules.

These failures are definitely related to the removed rules. Even if I zoom in to 1:0.04 scale on a single point error feature, it still fails. I'm tempted to remove the outdated error features directly via SQL, but I like to exhaust all other options before getting into the RDBMS.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I decided to take a chance, given that our RDBMS is capable of point-in-time restore points in the event that something went wrong.

Deleting the errors that violated the removed topology rule types directly via an SQL statement fixed the problem.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I decided to take a chance, given that our RDBMS is capable of point-in-time restore points in the event that something went wrong.

Deleting the errors that violated the removed topology rule types directly via an SQL statement fixed the problem.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos