Select to view content in your preferred language

Those of you running ArcGIS Pro: What are your system specs? Are you happy with the performance?

03-17-2016 12:37 PM
TreyPrestigiacomo
New Contributor II

We have 2 machines that run ArcGIS Pro. They both are lagging when running ArcGIS Pro, especially when using LAS datasets and 3D scenes. These machines mostly meet or exceed ESRI's optimal specs. Is anyone happy with their ArcGIS Pro Performance? More Video Card? More Processor?

Machine 1:

Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz Dual core

24gb RAM

NVIDIA Titan Z video card

Windows 7

Dell T3500

Machine 2:

Lenovo

intel i7 6700 8 cores

16gb RAM

K2200 Quaddro video card

Window 7

0 Kudos
40 Replies
NickBudros
New Contributor II

Yes of course. Sorry I thought I said I would in my reply. When I'm using pro again I'll get pictures ArcMon

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nick, any screenshots to share (vis a vis above request)?

0 Kudos
NickBudros
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reminder. I'm actually working a large project in arcmap. I'll bring it over to AGP tomorrow and snap shot some hangs.

0 Kudos
NickBudros
New Contributor II

I did about 5 hours of editting shapes and managing data today on a pretty substantial level and for the most part AGP ran smooth. There was a delay opening the first geoprocess but after rthat they all opened right away. I recorded the whole session with OBS intending to stop recording and clip the video once I noticed a good hang. Maybe patch 2.2 helped. That said I was managing data in a single map. Not running 4 maps that feed into 1 layout. I'll do more testing and provide proof when it becomes available.

JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

OK I'm glad you're running smoothly now, but bummed you can't repro the past hangs you experienced.

If you run into any other snags/hangs we deffo want to get the ArcMon readout so we know what's going sideways!

Also FYI - patch 2.2.4 is just out today, should be showing up on MyEsri and auto-update!

0 Kudos
NickBudros
New Contributor II

Hey, I just had a moment. I was working on a series of maps in arcgis pro and was having long delays between simple adjusting a symbol outline from 3 pt to 4 pt and so i loaded the diagnostic monitor. This was a brief snapshot, what i think was happening and delaying everything was I had 3 layouts open with legends and 1 map, when I went to update the outline from 3pt to 4pt it was updating everything so I paused the maps and the layouts and it was better but still slow, I found it was updating all the legends regardless of the pause drawing. So I need to make my legend last.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone tried to open up a related table of a feature class when all the records are selected in the feature class, which should in theory have all the related table records also selected (This is a workflow used to find orphaned records).  In ArcMap this operation on an SDE fc with 28,000 records and 4,000 related records took about 10 seconds.  Now in Pro the same operation on multiple computers is taking at least 5 minutes to complete which amongst other slowness of Pro will kill productivity.

Does anyone have a similar setup in SDE that they can test in Pro compared to ArcMap to see if there is a significant difference in speed in their environment for this specific task?  Any testing feedback of this type of scenario would be great appreciated.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Michael, are you able to share the table with 28000 records and 4000 related records so that I can set it up here and look at performance?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Would you be able to load the data I send you into an Oracle SDE database so we can compare the same SDE environment?  I have an incident open with tech support so I'll work through the slowness issue with them at this point though.  This really is the tip of the iceberg as it does not involve editing, just selecting data, which is slow.  When editing SDE data the slowness issue is even worse.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sure, I can lean on some resources to load into an Oracle database.

0 Kudos