The use of locators in ArcGIS Pro offline

08-13-2019 03:08 PM
Robert_AndresPulido
New Contributor II

Normally, when I use the StreetMap Premium New Locators in ArcGIS Pro it validates the extension with the user of the organizational account; The problem arises when I definitely cannot use the network for some reason and I need to do geocoding, as it cannot authenticate the user it does not let me use the locators. There is an alternative to using these locators when I am offline.

StreetMapPremium‌ Robert Jensen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Have you looked into mobile map packages?  Locators can be included in those: Share a mobile map package—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
Robert_AndresPulido
New Contributor II

Hi Kory, thanks for your answer, but it is not an option, because it needs to be used on the desktop and the new locators require that network validation. I wanted to know if there is an alternative to use these arcgis pro offline locators. Kind Regards.

0 Kudos
EricAnderson17
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

To help clarify, the StreetMap Premium new locators are already designed to work "offline". They are local, file-based locators, and do not require any sort of internet connection to access or use them (like the World Geocoding Service). However, as you stated, they do require an ArcGIS Pro StreetMap Premium extension, which is noted here:

StreetMap Premium licensing requirements—StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

It sounds like you are using a Named User license, have you looked into options of taking your ArcGIS Pro license offline or switching to another licensing model like Single Use?

I think this question could really be rephrased to ask what's the best approach for using an ArcGIS Pro extension offline. 

-Eric

Robert_AndresPulido
New Contributor II

Thanks Eric, I will review another licensing model

0 Kudos