The tool Compute Confusion Matrix does not start. ArcGis pro 2.6 (ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail)

01-11-2021 06:03 AM
ВалерияГабова
New Contributor II

I want to check the classification accuracy with the confusion matrix, but the tool is not working. I've done this previously in early versions of ArcGIS and it worked. What could be the reason?

ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Failed to execute (ComputeConfusionMatrix).

Failed to execute (ComputeConfusionMatrix).

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One thing I do when I see strange things like this is rename the ESRI folder to ESRI_OLD.  These folders are located in your C:\Users\<user_profile>\appdata\local and C:\Users\<user_profile>\appdata\roaming paths.  If it's worked in the past, I wonder if there's something "odd" here.  

0 Kudos
ВалерияГабова
New Contributor II

Thanks for the answer! Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Hope someone can use your advice!

0 Kudos
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

Hi! What are you using as the Output Confusion Matrix name?

Excelsior.
0 Kudos
ВалерияГабова
New Contributor II

Hi! Сonfusion_matrix, matrix, accuracy, or something like that.

0 Kudos
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

Are you saving it to a folder or a .gdb? If saving it to a folder, put  .dbf after the name, and keep the name short, sweet, no special characters, no spaces [the usual].

Excelsior.
GretchenRichter
New Contributor

I had the same problem and this fixed it, thank you!

0 Kudos
JillC
by
New Contributor

I'm having this same problem. Have you resolved the issue since posting? 

Mine worked for me until I edited some of the accuracy points but I don't see why that would make a difference.

0 Kudos