The "table frame" button in the Map surrounds group is missing??? Why would it be missing?

Jump to solution
01-23-2018 06:54 AM
KarenHoelscher
New Contributor III

I am trying to get familiar with ArcGIS Pro and while going thru on of ESRI's tutorial said to:

Add a table frame to the layout

On the Contents pane, expand the Map Frame, and select the USA_States_Generalized layer.

1. On the Insert tab, in the Map Surrounds group, click the Table Frame.

I do not have a button for table frame??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karen,

I tried this tutorial a few times, and I'm also seeing problems with the Table Frame Button, for me it is disabled after selecting the layer. This is a bug in the software. Thank you so much for reporting it! I've logged it with the appropriate team and they are working to correct it as soon as possible. In the meantime, there is a simple workaround to allow you to finish the tutorial. After you add the USA States (Generalized) Layer, search for USA Major Cities in the Living Atlas tab, and add that layer to the map. Then proceed with the tutorial, and everything should work as expected. Thank you again for reporting this!

Cheers,
Aubri

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karen! What version of Pro are you using? Table Frames were introduced on Layouts in Pro 2.1, if you are using an earlier version of Pro the button won't be there.

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
KarenHoelscher
New Contributor III

We just ran the latest update rec'd which stated 2.1 yesterday

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karen,

I tried this tutorial a few times, and I'm also seeing problems with the Table Frame Button, for me it is disabled after selecting the layer. This is a bug in the software. Thank you so much for reporting it! I've logged it with the appropriate team and they are working to correct it as soon as possible. In the meantime, there is a simple workaround to allow you to finish the tutorial. After you add the USA States (Generalized) Layer, search for USA Major Cities in the Living Atlas tab, and add that layer to the map. Then proceed with the tutorial, and everything should work as expected. Thank you again for reporting this!

Cheers,
Aubri
KarenHoelscher
New Contributor III

Thanks Aubrianna.

Thanks!

Karen Hoelscher, RPL

ROSEWOOD RESOURCES, INC.

2101 Cedar Springs Road, Ste. 1500

Dallas, Texas 75201

214-849-9304

This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential and work product privileges. The distribution, copying, or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message. The sender of this email expressly, specifically, and conclusively disclaims, disavows, and renounces the effect, application, and consequences of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, as set forth in Chapter 322 of the Texas Business and Commerce Code, a corresponding statute of a sister state or Title 15, Chapter 96, Subchapter 1 of the United States Code (Sec. 15 U.S.C. Sec. 7001, et seq.).