The error is mentioning a missing module named 'fastprogress'

06-15-2020 05:07 PM
Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hope this email finds you well.

Please, I need your help to solve the issue below.

I use ArcGIS Pro. I tray to learn how to apply deep learning tool. When I reached the training model step, I've got the following message:

ERROR 032659 updateParameters Syntax Error: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx#TrainDeepLearningModel_ia.UpdateParameters.py", line 4, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'fastprogress'

Please, I need your help.

All steps before training the model were fine but when I just input the imagechips folder the tool gives me this message. How can I avoid or solve this problem because when I hit the run button another message displays: “parameter is missing or invalid”.

I hope it is clear.

I will highly appreciate your assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Nada

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check the dependencies for deep learning.

Install deep learning frameworks for ArcGIS—Help | Documentation 

Could be a version issue or something not installed properly or the wrong version

... sort of retired...
Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Thank you Dan. That's kind of you to reply on my inquiry.

I am going to check the dependencies for deep learning. If you allow me, please, I would like to post the result. I need your assistance in solving this issue. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Dr. Kadhim - this appears to be BUG that should be fixed in the next release of ArcGIS Pro 2.6.  For the time being, this is the workaround.

BUG-000129130: The Train Deep Learning Model tool does not recognize the output of the Export Training Data For Deep Learning tool.

Please try this workaround and let me know if it is helpful. 

1. For the Export Training Data For Deep Learning tool, under Meta Data Format, choose any format other than KITTI Labels, such as PASCAL Visual Object Classes.
  2. Open the Train Deep Learning Model tool.
  3. For the Input Training Data parameter, select the output of the Export Training Data For Deep Learning tool.
Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot Robert.

AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Robert LeClair‌ I am running into the same issue. I have created training data using the PASCAL Visual Object Classes and still running into this issue...

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...I'd recommend you contact Esri Support Services directly to see if they are aware of another workflow.  The BUG has been fixed at AGP 2.6 which is scheduled to be released after the Virtual 2020 Users Conference in July.

Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

@Dan Patterson and @Robert LeClair

Finally, it works. You are amazing. Thank you very much.

However, I've got this result.

The result is not as good as I expected.

Please, how can I modify it to get better detection of buildings?

I will be thankful to you if you advise me.

Yours sincerely,

Nada

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Nada - sadly I do not know this tool nor have used it.  I did find some resources that may help - 

1.  Geospatial Deep Learning with ArcGIS - https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/5ea8ad8223e3e30f8d2099ce/geospatial-deep-learning-with-arcgis/...  - this will have the names of the presenters on the video so you may be able to reach out them.

2.  Which is Better for deep learning?  ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Enterprise - Which is better for deep learning, ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Enterprise?  - does have the authors names so good resources for individuals.

3. Q&A (Deep Learning with ArcGIS Pro for tree counting and building extraction) Blog Post - https://community.esri.com/groups/arcnesia/blog/2020/06/17/qa-deep-learning-with-arcgis-pro-for-tree... 

Hope this helps with some leads...

Dr_NadaKadhim
New Contributor III

Thank you very much, Robert, for your assistance.

I am going to have a look at these resources. Hopefully, I can find something help me.