The calculation result of Area Solar Radiation is wrong, the values are approximated in a grid.

Jump to solution
10-30-2021 08:58 AM
久米俊郎
New Contributor II

I added the height of the building (raster) to the DEM to create a DSM.

キャプfsdfチャ.PNG

 I input the DSM to Area solar radiation in Spatial Analyst and calculated the solar radiation, but the results were strange.
The values were approximated in a grid pattern.

キャプfwfチャ.PNG

 Incidentally, I used the default values for the parameters of Area solar radiation.
When I calculated only the height of the buildings, we did not see such a trend.

キャプチfwwャ.PNG

 If you have more information, please let me know!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
久米俊郎
New Contributor II

I checked again and found the same error when calculating solar radiation using only the DEM. This means that there was a problem with the DEM itself. I was using resample to match the cell size of the DEM to the cell size of the building raster, and the resampling_type of resample was NEAREST, which caused the problem. NEAREST is not suitable for continuous data. The problem was solved by using CUBIC, which is suitable for continuous data.

キャプチffャ.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

When you added the height raster:

- does it have the same cellsize as the DEM?

- and the same spatial reference?

- did you set SnapRaster=DEM when you added?

久米俊郎
New Contributor II

Thanks for the advice!

does it have the same cellsize as the DEM?-Yes

- and the same spatial reference?-Yes

- did you set SnapRaster=DEM when you added?-I used the raster calculator, but I could not set snap raster there.

0 Kudos
久米俊郎
New Contributor II

I checked again and found the same error when calculating solar radiation using only the DEM. This means that there was a problem with the DEM itself. I was using resample to match the cell size of the DEM to the cell size of the building raster, and the resampling_type of resample was NEAREST, which caused the problem. NEAREST is not suitable for continuous data. The problem was solved by using CUBIC, which is suitable for continuous data.

キャプチffャ.PNG

0 Kudos