Table to table results in empty output generated

06-27-2022 10:32 PM
nicmah
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm accessing a database owned by a different team. I'm trying to export the tables I'm interested in to create an object ID (the OID is currently being set as the primary key when I open the tables), and to allow me to join the tables to a spatial dataset. 

When I run the Table to Table tool, it's generating a table but with the warning "000117: Warning empty output generated"

Could this be an issue with permissions around the database I'm accessing? I'm at a loss as to why else I wouldn't 'be able to create a copy of the table. I can successfully export a different table into the folder I'm trying to save to. 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are there any warnings on the tool dialog?

Table To Table (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

If you are exporting to a folder, what is the filename extension and did you specify it?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
nicmah
by
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

There were no other warnings, it just created an empty table.

I tried saving it to a folder with both a .dbf extension and a .csv extension, and still got empty tables. I also tried to save it to a geodatabase and leaving off the extension, same results. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the source table locally stored on your computer?  If the source is elsewhere, it could be permissions.   

You would be advised to contact Tech Support.  They have more assessment capabilities to address issues not noted elsewhere.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
nicmah
by
New Contributor III

Yeah it isn't stored on my  computer, I've set up a link to the database through ESRI. I'll follow it up with the DBA

0 Kudos