Symbology unique values rounding decimal to whole number

04-02-2018 01:39 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I added a table with a column for percent change. When I open the attribute table and look at percent change all looks good and normal. However, when I go to change the symbology anything that has an extra zero in the decimal is automatically rounded to a whole number. When I sort value in either descending or ascending order it treats the values like they're supposed to from the table but display it incorrectly. I hope this makes sense. For example;

.17650 -> .17650

.16241 -> .16241

.041785 -> 4.1785

.031991 -> 3.1991

.00297 -> 2.9698

.000993 -> 9.92643

I did not have it set up to round but it automatically does. I am using Unique Values because I need to show positive change, zero change, and negative change. Since Graduated Colors does not have an option for " = 0 " and only uses ≤ I am forced to have to make unique values.

So I am stumped as to why it is rounding when it is not supposed to. I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2. I've added a screen shot to help with clarification. Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I just tried, and couldn't reproduce your issue by adding a double field and using the values in your screenshot. Suggest calling tech support. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just giving an update, and I don't know why this worked, but if I changed the spreadsheet from an xlsx file to a csv and then import it to Pro it works fine and there is no rounding. Like I said, I have no idea why this worked but it does. I was tinkering around and thought maybe if I changed it to a csv something different might happen and it worked.