Symbolize specific values from field

Jump to solution
11-30-2022 08:39 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Using a point shapefile, I want to symbolize features based on a field: P_COMMOD.

Bud_0-1669825915258.png

I only want to symbolize certain values:

• ACTINOLITE
  • AMETHYST
  • ANTHRAXOLITE
  • ANTIMONY

Is there a way to only symbolize certain values like that? For example, is there a way to add or remove specific values from the symbol list?

I would prefer to do it in a single layer, rather than using separate layers with separate definition queries and separate symbology.

Thanks.

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Above your list of symbol classes, you can click the "+" to manually add symbol classes. When I have situations like this, I delete all the symbol classes and just add the specific ones I need.

Remove all:

jcarlson_0-1669827139248.png

Manually adding classes:

jcarlson_1-1669827167868.png

If the value is not present in your layer, you can also manually create it there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Above your list of symbol classes, you can click the "+" to manually add symbol classes. When I have situations like this, I delete all the symbol classes and just add the specific ones I need.

Remove all:

jcarlson_0-1669827139248.png

Manually adding classes:

jcarlson_1-1669827167868.png

If the value is not present in your layer, you can also manually create it there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Thanks! That works.

Do you know if there's a way to symbolize All other values or Null values?
(Similar to what we could do in ArcMap.)

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's that first option in the dropdown:

jcarlson_0-1669827946492.png

If you want your "all other" to be separate from your nulls, I'm not sure there's a built-in way to do it, but a quick Arcade expression would handle it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

For my notes, regarding the Unique Values symbol option:

• In ArcGIS Pro, nulls get included in the "all other values" symbol class.
    • That's different from how ArcMap works; nulls get their own symbol class. Screenshot.
  • But Empty values don't get included in "all other values"; they do get own symbol class.

Bud_2-1669831433750.png

0 Kudos