Switching to ArcGIS Pro from ArcMap

12-05-2022 02:57 AM
Labels (1)
jtmedley42
New Contributor

I am an experienced user of ArcMap with many university level courses that required the software. I am trying to get up to speed with ArcGIS Pro and the book "Switching to ArcGIS Pro from ArcMap" seemed perfect, so I purchased it from esri  Press. I am only on page 9 and am already having trouble accessing some of the required content. The author gives instructions to 'Go to links.esri.com/SwitchingToProData' and download a zip file that contains files needed for the exercises in the book, which is based around Crater Lake.  This takes me to a login page. Every time I enter my credentials, I get the message 'The username you entered is not a member of this organization.'  I have an ArcGIS Online account and a licensed version of ArcGIS Pro on my computer, and I have tried every combination of Username and Password with no success. If anybody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated, as I was looking forward to working through this book.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello @jtmedley42 , I'm sorry about this problem!

Please find the zip file for download at this link: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=2e387b5c1b4b408da4b9085feef0987a 

0 Kudos
jtmedley21
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
LaurieTaylor
New Contributor

I just purchased this book because my organization just switched from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro. I was able to download the zip file but it won't extract the files. Is there an updated link for the files needed for the book?

0 Kudos