Suitability Modeler Process Failed!

10-06-2020 05:47 AM
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

I am using the Suitability Modeler in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2 but every time I run the model at full resolution to use with Locate, I get a Process Failed! message. Unlike every other tool, there is no documentation as to why this failed. Has anyone else run into this issue and know what is going wrong? I've run models in the past, but I just updated the software with the new 2.6.2 patch and wondering if that has something to do with it. site suitability suitability modeler process failed arcgis pro 2.6.2 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
CLODAGHHELEN
New Contributor

I have just run into this issue now & notice nobody has replied 😑 Did you find an answer to this issue @KristinThorpe1 ? 

0 Kudos
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

Not really. Unfortunately, the Suitability Modeler is very finicky. I find I have better luck with saving the full resolution raster to a geodatabase, copying all my rasters to a new local geodatabase and working completely locally, and cutting down the rasters to as small an area as possible. I don't think I've ever run a Suitability Model without running into an issue or Pro crashing on me at least once! Which is really unfortunate because I use it a lot!

MSearle
New Contributor

I'm using version 2.7, and I too have run into this same issue. It would be nice to have an answer to this issue. 

0 Kudos
TylerSclodnick
New Contributor

Just had the same in 2.7.2. Just with the locate function.

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Use the Suitability map as input to the LocateRegions geoprocessing tool and use the same parameters that were used in Locate

StephanieLong1
New Contributor III

Thank you @SteveLynch !!  This was exactly the solution that I needed!  Couldn't get past this error message for the life of me!!

ArcGIS Pro v3.0.3 04/06/23

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same problem running the exercises for the Esri MOOC, "Spatial Data Science: The New Frontier in Analytics", Oct 27, 2021 - Dec 9, 2021.  Used the suggestion above by Steve Lynch, and it still failed, but I at least got an error message, which was that the tool couldn't open my study area mask.  The problem was that the instructions for the MOOC have you set the study area mask in the Geoprocessing Environments by choosing the mask layer from the map, when in fact, you need to find the mask raster in the Catalog and drill down to select the band (Band_1) in the raster.  I am submitting a bug report for the Suitability Modeler to expose error messages from running the Locate task.

AlexvonWyl
New Contributor

Same here, ran into the problem during the MOOC and can confirm that your solution works. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

We exposed the error messages in ArcGIS Pro 2.9

0 Kudos