Storage of Licensing Settings for ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-05-2016 05:19 PM
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

Anyone know where the licensing settings for ArcGIS Pro are stored? They do not appear to be in the Registry or in the  c:\users\all users\ESRI or c:\users\all users\Application data area. They are not under C:\Users\Default either.

We are looking into deploying the software to a larger number users and need to be able to define the license preferences in the install package or by script after the software is installed (i.e., license server name and license type (basic, standard, advanced)).

Ideas are welcome.

Rich

12 Replies
RichardDaniels

In regards to deployments, similar to ArcGIS Desktop the ArcGIS Pro install package accepts command line arguments than can be used to set the license manager name and default license level. This option partly solves the installation question mentioned in the last paragraph (above).

Msiexec /i ArcGISPro.msi ALLUSERS=1 ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=MY_ESRILIC_Server SOFTWARE_CLASS=Viewer LOCK_AUTH_SETTING=False AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=CONCURRENT_USE CHECKFORUPDATESATSTARTUP=0 PORTAL_LIST="https://MyOrg.maps.arcgis.com" /qb

RichardDaniels

Thank you, this solution still works with ArcGIS Pro 3.1. The app mentioned updates Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Licensing or Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Licensing\Extensions prior to the user clicking the 'Go Pro' button. This list of extensions is just an array of extensions that are owned by our agency'. 

The known good ESRI extensions names to use within the registry in the .\Extensions area include:

// Sets up the list of extensions
            string[] extList = { "3D Analyst Pro""Spatial Analyst Pro""Network Analyst Pro""Data Interoperability Pro""Data Reviewer Pro""Workflow Manager Pro""JTX Pro""Aviation Airports""Location Referencing Pro""Production Mapping" };

0 Kudos
ToddAGrissom
New Contributor II

Glad you are still keeping an eye out here - but the complete list is a available here.

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/license-manager/latest/feature-names-for-arcgis-option-file.htm

0 Kudos