Starting ArcGIS Pro at different Functionality Levels

06-20-2021 06:55 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to start ArcGIS Pro with a batch file that specifies the functionality level of Basic, Standard, or Advanced?   With ArcMap the following works.  Here Professional = Advanced.

Set Esri_SOFTWARE_CLASS=Professional
set path=C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.7\bin\ArcMap.exe
START /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.7\bin\" ArcMap.exe

We are using a concurrent license server with 10 Basic and 7 Advanced.    When the Advanced licenses are all used, I would like the user to be able to go to Basic.  It is nice with ArcGIS Pro, one can change the license level without requiring to open ArcGIS Administrator with a Windows Administrator account.  Our users do not have administrative privileges and changing the license level in ArcMap required an IT service call.   So that issue has been eliminated in ArcGIS Pro.   Nonetheless, I would still like to make it a little easier for our users.

Perhaps an easier way is to set up two concurrent license servers.  One for Advanced and one for Basic and the licensing can fall over to the backup if the main one is not available.  However, I presume (and could be wrong) that the same number of extensions could not be licensed on both and would not work if all were placed on the primary license.

Any suggestions or ideas?  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DrewMoffitt
New Contributor II

Bump - I too would like to have this in Pro. We had a .bat for Desktop that worked great. The licensing in pro is VERY slow and this would help a ton.

0 Kudos