Spyder install

02-01-2023 07:49 PM
Labels (1)
Sshar087
New Contributor

I have been trying to install the Spyder python package 5.3.3 from ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 and have been getting a failed install because the version is not available. I'm able to download it off the site but am unable to import arcpy when I do that. I'm not sure what's going on because I am able to download everything else just fine. Am I doing this the wrong way? Is there a work around?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

5.3.3 isn't available on the anaconda main channel.  There are issues with various jupyter related modules and esri has dependencies that restrict what can be done in either a clone or the arcgispro-py3  environment.  Since I need Spyder more than Pro notebooks, I resorted to the 'totally not recommended' pip install approach to get spyder 5.4.* into a clone.  If things go bad, you can always reinstall Pro after removing/renaming all esri folders in you install path and 'users' path, using the *.msi from the downloaded *.exe.

... sort of retired...
JosephKempf
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Gotta love it... the first link references my 2020 blog on using no-pin ... those were the days when anaconda kept their packages up to date and didn't lag pypi by up to a year

... sort of retired...