spk to slpk

06-21-2017 12:04 PM
MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

I have an SPK file that is over 1 GB.  I cannot load it directly to ArcGIS online because of the size so I tried using the Share Package tool in ArcGIS pro.  However, I keep getting an error with no message.  Is it because this tool is supposed to accept an SLPK?  How do I get from SPK to SLPK?  or is there another way to get this file onto ArcGIS onine?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

You could try to just change the file extension from .spk to .slpk.  They are the same file type; the .spk is getting renamed to .slpk for consistency reasons.

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

I am still having no luck.  I have the SPK file down to 45mb.  However, it will not load to ArcGIS online through the website or ArcPro Share Package tool.  Both crash with a generic error.  I also tried to change the SPK to SLPK.  This give the same result only this time ArcPro would not recognize the file.

For this model I have all the files that make up the I3S, but I am not sure how to rebuild the SPK from these files.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not sure what is going wrong here, would you please provide more info:

1. How did you reduce the file size?
  2. Was is by only exporting part of the scene?
  3. What is the content of the scene?
  4. Any special scene coordinate system used?
  5. Which version of CityEngine were you using?
  6. Did you try to share the SLPK from the navigator via "RMB > Share as.."?
0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

I was wrong about reducing file size....It just did not export to my desktop properly (my apologies).  I now have the whole scene (slpk) on my desktop to try and upload to ArcGIS online.

I did not create this particular scene in CityEngine.  It was given to me along with the i3s files.  It is a 3D textured mesh of part of the city.

I am not sure if any coordinate system was used.

I updated my ArcGIS Pro version....and now it recognizes the . SLPK (that was originally a .SPK but I changed the file extension).

It says "running" and makes it to 100%....but when it says "initializing", it fails with error.

in file...

Also, I am not familiar with "RMB > Share As".  I am using the Share Package tool.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you sure the slpk was created with CityEngine?
If so, it would be good use the latest version 2017.0 and try it again.

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

It was not created with CityEngine.  The model is a photo-generated mesh and was delivered to me as an SPK.  It also came with the I3S files that were used to create the scene.

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry, I can only assist with SLPK creation from CityEngine.
Your data probably is an export from drone 2 map

Therefore I moved your question to the ArcGIS Pro section.

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

thanks.

0 Kudos