Spatially transfer attribute value from one point to another.

Jump to solution
02-04-2021 06:13 AM
Labels (1)
VillageOf_Lake_Placid
New Contributor III

I have two feature classes, street lights and street poles, which have unique identifiers. Each pole point has a light point that is offset by 12 feet in the direction of the nearest road. The street pole feature layer has all of the ID fields filled out properly, while the street light feature is missing many of the ID's. 

How can I transfer the attribute value from the pole to the light while preserving both layers? Normally I would use spatial join, but these are both hosted feature layers.

I've tried coming up with something in model builder but can't figure it out.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Near (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation comes to mind if the light-to-pole distance is less than the pole-to-pole distance.

Then you can join by attributes and fill in the missing values

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Near (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation comes to mind if the light-to-pole distance is less than the pole-to-pole distance.

Then you can join by attributes and fill in the missing values

... sort of retired...
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

I am working on a similar project. I have more research to do regarding the near tool, but wondering if it may be possible to use a combination of the near tool and an attribute query to ensure that the correct pole is selected based on a similar field (Pole Type/Pole Material). 

In my example, I have 1 street light and 3 poles in close proximity. I want to ensure that the attributes from the street light feature class with a Material Type field of Wood are transferred to the pole with the Pole Type of Wood Post.

SarahHartholt_0-1637945756523.png

0 Kudos