Spatial Join Tool in ArcPro 3.0.1 doesn't have join operation option.

Jump to solution
08-14-2022 06:27 PM
Labels (1)
LaurenM-W
New Contributor

Hi all! 

I just installed the ArcGISPro patch (3.0.1) and went to do a spatial join. I noticed that the option for selecting a join operation (one to one, one to many, etc.) was not available. Have others noticed this too? I am not sure if this is a glitch or if I am just missing something obvious. 

Thanks all! Any assistance would be appreciated.

LaurenMW_0-1660526674405.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaurenM-W
New Contributor

Update on this! I noticed that if you access the spatial join tool through the ribbon or by right clicking the dataset, you don't have access to one-to-many joins. However, if you search for the spatial join tool in the geoprocessing tools and open it there, you do have access. It appears that the spatial join tools available on the ribbon and by right clicking the dataset are actually the "add spatial join tool" which is a separate thing that was released recently. This tool only supports one-one joins.

Thanks all!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LaurenM-W
New Contributor

Update on this! I noticed that if you access the spatial join tool through the ribbon or by right clicking the dataset, you don't have access to one-to-many joins. However, if you search for the spatial join tool in the geoprocessing tools and open it there, you do have access. It appears that the spatial join tools available on the ribbon and by right clicking the dataset are actually the "add spatial join tool" which is a separate thing that was released recently. This tool only supports one-one joins.

Thanks all!

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Arctoolbox tools are the go-to.  Shortcuts sometimes come up short.

Marked as answered

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos