Spatial Analyst - Focal Statistics - No output?

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 11:36 AM
ChrisMan
New Contributor III

I'm running a simple analysis of a raster layer containing discrete elevation values, using the Focal Statistics tool from within the Spatial Analyst toolbox.

Each time I have run the tool it returns no results, I have checked through the environment variables and selected different options within 'Focal Statistics' however the output is still empty.

I have the results saved (and hopefully attached).

Any help appreciated, I am hoping I'm tired and I've made a simple mistake.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are still using an mdb.  export the inputs into a simple folder and use that folder for the inputs and the outputs.  The file source and destination may be the issue.  Use a file geodatabase rather than a personal geodatabase at least.  again c:\test as the folder for the source and destination and try the output as a *.tif

And I assume inputs are in the same coordinate system!?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

could you post a screen grab or copy of the inputs and the environments.. the zip's rlt can't be read

ChrisMan
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Chris,

This kind of looks like ArcMap, not ArcGIS Pro.

What does your results window indicate? Using the Results window—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

ChrisMan
New Contributor III

Yes this is ArcMap.

My results window is the first image, I can't see any issue with what I see on there, in terms of input.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it's not going to like that output folder.. it has dashes and a plus (-, +)... try c:\mystuff\fstats.tif

ChrisMan
New Contributor III

I've changed the filepaths and folder names removing the operator characters and spaces.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Also I see that you are working in a Personal Geodatabase (.mdb), which has a storage limitation of < 2 GB.

Try working (or saving the output) in a File Geodatabase (.gdb) or a basic folder for storing the output raster.

How raster data is stored and managed in a Geodatabase 

Think Location
ChrisMan
New Contributor III

My output shouldn't exceed 2Gb but thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

Edit:

When I changed the output to a File geodatabase with a *.tif output format it ran perfectly.

Is this because the personal geodatabase cannot handle output format being created?

0 Kudos
ChrisMan
New Contributor III

I've taken your input but unfortunately my output/result is still similar.

Any further ideas greatly appreciated.

ResultsAfterInput1

0 Kudos