Spacebar Zooms to World Instead of Suspending Snapping (during editing)

2 weeks ago
JimThomas1
New Contributor II

I'm using Pro to edit a line feature service.  I use the spacebar to turn off snapping.   Initially, using the spacebar to suspend snapping was working normally, then about an hour into editing, using the spacebar during editing would zoom out to the entire world.  Why would this happen, and how do i correct it?

Closing and relaunching did not help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Honored Contributor

Keyboard shortcuts for editing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

press spacebar and hold ... indeed does turn on/off snapping.

however, pressing the spacebar also "execute a command" 

ArcGIS Pro keyboard shortcuts—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Did you stop/start editing or anything else within your hour of editing?

You suggest that the unwanted state persists even after saving and restarting.

If this is the case, does it do it for shorter edit sessions?  If so, you might want to contact Tech Support to see if anyone else has reported this behaviour.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JimThomas1
New Contributor II

Still having problem.  After about an hour of editing, the space starts zooming to the world during editing when it should pause snapping.  This was happening in Version is 2.7.0 but i've updated to 2.8.0 today and will see if the issue happens again.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Honored Contributor

IF that doesn't fix it, contact Tech Support.  It could be an issue or something about your environment

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JimThomas1
New Contributor II

When the problem occurred Friday, I saved and closed the project, then relaunched.  Still had same issue with spacebar zooming to the world.  Over the weekend, i shutdown.  Restarted this morning.  No issue at the moment... the spacebar temporarily turns of snapping.  We'll see what happens an hour from now...

0 Kudos