Space Time Cube Closing ArcPro

05-15-2020 02:41 AM
BriannaStone
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to run the "Create Space Time Cube by Aggregating Points" tool but every time it suddenly shuts down ArcPro without any error messages anywhere. I am following the lesson below and using the data associated with it, so one would think that it would be working.

Analyzing traffic accidents in space and time, workflow—Analytics | Documentation 

Please let me know of any reason why this issues is occurring.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Brianna,

I am sorry that you are having an issue with the Create Space Time Cube by Aggregating Points tool.

If you can share a crash dump with us we can know exactly what caused the crash.

You can find your crash dump folder here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports

If you have multiple you can send the latest crash dump or all of the ones from today. The easiest way would be to zip the crash dump files (they have the .dmp extension), and upload it to the link I created for you below:

Best,
Orhun
BriannaStone
New Contributor II

Orhun,

That's one of the problems. Nothing is populating even in the crash dump folder. I have absolutely no crash or error messages at all. That's the frustrating part, not having anything to give some sense of direction. The only information that I have is the link listed above and that my ArcPro has the latest updates.

Thank you for helping. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

0 Kudos
BriannaStone
New Contributor II

Orhun,

That's one of the problems. Nothing is populating even in the crash dump folder. I have absolutely no crash or error messages at all. That's the frustrating part, not having anything to give some sense of direction. The only information that I have is the link listed above and that my ArcPro has the latest updates.

Thank you for helping. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brianna,

Thank you for the clarification. One way I can reproduce this issue by (even though I get a traceback instead of a silent crash), is:

1) Create a Conda environment in Pro 2.4.3

2) Change to this Conda environment as the active Conda environment

3) Upgrade to Pro 2.5 and then update to the latest patch

4) If Pro does not change over to arcgispro-py3, you can have unexpected behavior

Bottom line, can you please:

1) Check to make sure you are running Pro from arcgispro-py3 and not a custom Conda environment

2) If your Pro is not on arcgispro-py3 switch over and retry. If not can you please try running the Create Space Time Cube by Aggregating Points tool from Python window? If you get an error message please let me know.

Thank you.

Orhun

0 Kudos
BriannaStone
New Contributor II

Orhun,

I checked Pro and it is running arcgispro-py3 and even running the tool in the python window causes it to silent crash.

Just in case it has to do with my computer I even tried installing it on my boyfriend's computer and it still did a silent crash on his computer as well.

I did also try building the tool in model builder and extracting the python to PyCharm to see if it would give me error messages and here is what it produced

This part is the Code from Model Builder put into PyCharm:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
"""
Generated by ArcGIS ModelBuilder on : 2020-05-22 12:25:24
"""
import arcpy

def Model():  # Model

# To allow overwriting outputs change overwriteOutput option to True.

arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True

AllCrashes10to15 = "AllCrashes10to15"

# Process: Create Space Time Cube By Aggregating Points (Create Space Time Cube By Aggregating Points)

AllCrashes_nc = "C:\\<insert computer path>\\CrashAnalysisPkg_ce823b\\AllCrashes.nc"

arcpy.CreateSpaceTimeCube_stpm(in_features=AllCrashes10to15, output_cube=AllCrashes_nc, time_field="CRASH_DT", template_cube="", time_step_interval="16 Weeks", time_step_alignment="END_TIME", reference_time="", distance_interval="2 Miles", summary_fields=[], aggregation_shape_type="HEXAGON_GRID", defined_polygon_locations="", location_id="")

if __name__ == '__main__':

# Global Environment settings

with arcpy.EnvManager(scratchWorkspace=r"C:\<insert computer path>\CrashAnalysisPkg_ce823b\p14\crashanalysis.gdb", workspace=r"C:\Users\bri_s\Documents\ArcGIS\Packages\CrashAnalysisPkg_ce823b\p14\crashanalysis.gdb"😞
 Model()

Here is the Output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:/<insert computer path>/PyCharm/TimeCubeModel.py", line 21, in <module>
    Model()
  File "F:/<insert computer path>/PyCharm/TimeCubeModel.py", line 16, in Model
    arcpy.CreateSpaceTimeCube_stpm(in_features=AllCrashes10to15, output_cube=AllCrashes_nc, time_field="CRASH_DT", template_cube="", time_step_interval="16 Weeks", time_step_alignment="END_TIME", reference_time="", distance_interval="2 Miles", summary_fields=[], aggregation_shape_type="HEXAGON_GRID", defined_polygon_locations="", location_id="")
  File "C:\<insert computer path>\ArcGISPro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\stpm.py", line 179, in CreateSpaceTimeCube
    raise e
  File "C:\<insert computer path>\ArcGISPro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\stpm.py", line 176, in CreateSpaceTimeCube
    retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.CreateSpaceTimeCube_stpm(*gp_fixargs((in_features, output_cube, time_field, template_cube, time_step_interval, time_step_alignment, reference_time, distance_interval, summary_fields, aggregation_shape_type, defined_polygon_locations, location_id), True)))
  File "C:\<insert computer path>\ArcGISPro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 511, in <lambda>
    return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True))

arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000732: Input Features: Dataset AllCrashes10to15 does not exist or is not supported
ERROR 000308: Invalid field type
Failed to execute (CreateSpaceTimeCube).
Process finished with exit code 1

I hope this information can help you because it is the only feedback I have finally managed to receive.

Thank you for all of your help. Hopefully we can figure out what is going on.

Bri