Some labels are rotated

Jump to solution
04-13-2021 06:29 AM
NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I want to label a point feature layer, but some labels are rotated without any reason, I checked all label options, I could not find the reason why this happens

NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED_0-1618320517281.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED
New Contributor III

Eventually I found what causes the labels those start with J to tilt. I disabled Ligature options, and all displayed  in straight.

NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED_0-1618817411514.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

That's odd.  Try this - on the Labeling tab far right in the Map Group, click the dropdown for More and uncheck "Use Maplex Label Engine" -  a window will pop-up saying you will lose any Maplex formatting.  Click OK.  You will now be using the Standard Label engine.  Labels should draw as expected without rotation.  If this works, great.  But if you want to use Maplex, click the dropdown again for More and check "Use Maplex Label Engine"  Does the rotation appear again?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED
New Contributor III

Thanks, that fixed the issue, however I noticed something very strange, if I enables Maplex, and change the letter J to any other letter, the label becomes straight,.

NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED_1-1618327091781.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting about the letter J.  What language is ArcGIS Pro using?  English or another localization?  Try this - add a new field to your feature class and enter a few edits (text) - one with J and see if the behavior is repeatable.  If it is, hmmm.  If it's not, then I wonder if the original field starting with a J has a leading value of some sort - a blank, a reserved character, etc.

0 Kudos
NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED
New Contributor III

I use English USA for the ArcPro, the text does not have any leading like blank or space.

the funny is,  it happens with an other layer, for labels starts with J

NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED_0-1618331097180.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I think you may have discovered a bug!  You can report a bug here 

0 Kudos
NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED
New Contributor III

Eventually I found what causes the labels those start with J to tilt. I disabled Ligature options, and all displayed  in straight.

NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED_0-1618817411514.png

0 Kudos