Snap raster option greyed out

05-21-2021 04:48 AM
JaneTurpie
New Contributor II

Hello

I am having a frustrating problem on ArcGis Pro 2.8 where the snap raster option is greyed out and cannot be used. This seems to occur across all raster geoprocessing tools (see attached screenshot). 

I was initially encountering this when I was using Pro 2.5. Sometimes opening a new project would help for a bit, but eventually I would again lose access to the snap raster setting. 

I recently updated to Pro 2.8 and was having no issues for a day or two until the problem appeared again today. Restarting Arc or opening a new project do not help. 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

is it also greyed out for the CopyRaster tool?

0 Kudos
JaneTurpie
New Contributor II

It is greyed out there too yes.

0 Kudos
JING_Li
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this issue. I've tried my Pro 2.8 and have NOT seen this issue. I checked other Raster related tools, none of the Snap Raster env were greyed out.

Could the issue you experienced specific to the machine or data? Does your OS meet the requirement?

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

If you have another machine with Pro 2.8 installed, could we give it a try?

If you could provide your data, I will be more than happy to try it at my end.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JaneTurpie
New Contributor II

Thanks for your willingness to give it a go with my data.

I agree that it doesn't seem to be be an issue affecting all Pro 2.8 users. I have a colleague using Pro 2.8 on a different computer and he has had no such issues and he has even been working with some of the same layers.

I also managed yesterday to have some success opening the same layers in another project and the snap raster option was not greyed out. This is hit and miss, in some projects the option is there and in other it isn't. This is similar to what I experienced a week or two back when I was using Pro 2.5. So it doesn't really seem to be data related? 

The issue was prone to eventually re-appearing in new projects when I was using Pro 2.5, so if it does crop up in the new project I've created then I will provide the steps and data used at that point, as I can't really pinpoint now where the issue first appeared in my original project. 

I don't know if it's a further clue but in projects where snap raster is greyed out, "Mask" is also greyed out in the environments setting for the extract by mask tool.

I have looked through the OS requirements and there shouldn't be any issues there.

0 Kudos
JING_Li
New Contributor

Thanks for the additional information. Based on what you described, it does not seem to be data related. I'll also keep an eye on this grey out issue at my end during testing to see if I can repro it.

0 Kudos
JonathanNeal
Esri Contributor

@JaneTurpie the Pro Geoprocessing team is super interested in this.  There is no conditional logic for disabling an environment the same way we can disable parameters (parameters participate in validation logic, there is no such thing for environments).

Can you send us a screenshot of your OptionsWindow settings? 

0 Kudos
JaneTurpie
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion.

Here is a screenshot of the options window. Display disabled parameters was not ticked when I first checked. However, I just ticked it now to match your screenshot. Unfortunately the issues persist in the projects which have the problem, even after restarting Arc. 

0 Kudos
BBicking
New Contributor II

Hello Jane,

can you share your data, or a subset, and your tool settings with us? Maybe even share the project?
That'll let us identify if maybe the issue is data-specific, because several of us here at Esri have tested and cannot repro the issue you're seeing.

Thank you, Barbara

0 Kudos
MatthewBigl
New Contributor

I know this is an old thread but I am running into the same problem where Snap Raster is listed as disabled under my Environments settings in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2. How can I turn Snap Raster back on? 

0 Kudos