skyline error

06-29-2021 11:50 PM
Labels (1)
JanjiraSukwai
New Contributor

I regularly use a skyline analysis tool, but in recent 4-5 days I get error messages "ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds".

Before that, I have successfully used the tool more effectively and smoothly. Now it is not stable. Any suggestions for this problem?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

First thing to do, log a case with Esri Technical Support.

Could you share a screenshot of the messages (Error, Input/output path, other tool parameters)?

Think Location
0 Kudos
JanjiraSukwai
New Contributor

sklprob.pngsklprob1.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you start receiving the error after an upgrade (e.g. Upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1)?

Looks like the data is stored on a network drive. Do you receive the error if the Output Feature Class is saved in a local drive (e.g. C:\ArcGIS\Projects\...)?

Are there other users accessing/editing the same geodatabase objects (Feature Class/ Feature Dataset, etc.)? FAQ: Can multiple users edit a file geodatabase at the same time? 

Think Location
0 Kudos
JanjiraSukwai
New Contributor

Yes, it starts errors more often since the upgrade. Sometimes the tool seems to work but most of the time I get errors. 

Anyway, no one can access or edit my data and I am the only user. I really have no idea why.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

One question still remains. Do you receive the error if you save the data in a local drive (Do Not use UNC path)?

One more way to check is to downgrade your ArcGIS Pro (Uninstall current version/ Install older version from My Esri). But you should get this done under the supervision of Esri Technical Support.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JanjiraSukwai
New Contributor

Yes, I still receive the error when saving the data in the local drive.

I will try to downgrade it. Thank you for the advice.

0 Kudos
JanjiraSukwai
New Contributor

This is my regular input parameter. I have no idea why errors occurred. Please help.

0 Kudos
LenkaJanošíková
New Contributor

Hello, I have the same problem (having the latest version 3.0.3, input CRS checked). Is the issue fixed? Thank you for your reply. 

0 Kudos