Showing only some fields during a task?

07-04-2016 11:43 PM
TuridBrox
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to guide a user through an editing task. First, the user creates a point feature and adds a few attributes. Next, I want the user to add a few more attributes to the feature he just created. Then, a few more etc. I don't want the user to be presented with all the empty fields while creating the point feature, as I would like to give instructions for how to fill in each attribute.

Is there a way that I can open the Attribute pane or the Attribute table for the user in a task, showing only one or a few fields?

I'm using ArcGIS pro 1.2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Why not get them to add the fields as well, as they go along?  surely that wouldn't take too much instrution

Or you could hide all the fields, then give them instructions on how to make them visible, if you are concerned that they can't create a field properly

0 Kudos
TuridBrox
Occasional Contributor

When you say "Add the fields", do you mean add fields to the data model?

That's not feasible in our case, as the users are creating features in an existing feature class with a set data model.

I don't see any scenario in which this would work, except for the very first feature?

I think of showing/hiding fields as the role of the super user, or GIS administrator when setting up an ArcGIS Pro project etc and preparing that for the end user (editor). The idea is to make the user experience for the end users (data editors) as easy as possible. I might have to look into setting up Geocortex workflows instead.

0 Kudos