sharing layer package

Jump to solution
12-23-2021 07:46 AM
NinaOberg
New Contributor II

I am trying to share a layer with someone from my ArcPro project. When I right click on the layer and go to "sharing", the option "share as layer package" is greyed out and unavailable for me to use. The only option within sharing that is available is "save as layer file." I'm not sure why this option is unavailable, as I have successfully shared layer packages from this project before, and am not sure how to proceed from here. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NinaOberg
New Contributor II

Thank you everyone! I must not have been signed in properly, as once I was, I was able to share the layer. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make sure that you're still signed into your active portal as a user with the appropriate permissions to own content. Depending on how your org's licensing is configured, it's possible to be authorized to use Pro and not be signed into the right portal for sharing.

jcarlson_0-1640274948433.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried Package Layer (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro? In case the layer is unsupported or any other concern, you will receive relevant warnings. This tool also gives you a finer degree of control over how data is packaged.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Also make sure you aren't editing anything which may disable stuff you might want to package

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@NinaOberg ,

1.  Check to make sure you're signed into Portal/ArcGIS Online

2.  What type of layer are you trying to share (i.e. feature class, shapefile)?

0 Kudos
NinaOberg
New Contributor II

Thank you everyone! I must not have been signed in properly, as once I was, I was able to share the layer. 

0 Kudos