Service layer draws painfully slow in Arc Pro and web apps. (43,000 points)

03-23-2022 02:32 PM
Rice_GIS
New Contributor III

I have a Query Layer with over 43,000 point records. I then published this layer to our server. When trying to view the layer in any environment whatsoever (arcPro, ArcGIS Online, html webmap), it can take almost 15 minutes for the layer to draw at any extent.

I have an html webmap that I'm hoping to put this data on and that is loading even slower. Is there a way to speed up the drawing? If I'm going to try and publish this data to my organization, there's a possibility multiple people can hit the service at any given time. I see big data maps like John Hopkins Covid dashboard handeling large public datasets flawlessly, so I'm just looking for the right work flow to get this data to draw more efficiently.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Where is the data sourced from?

0 Kudos
Rice_GIS
New Contributor III

The data is being sourced from a SQL database. The query layer is created from a relatively simple query, only pulling 5 value types from one field. I created an Event Layer from the query layer to publish to the server and it seems to perform only a little better. Not waiting for hours for something to load but instead it just takes a minute or two. I just wonder if there's one more step I can do to get this data to draw faster for my end users.

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

This looks like an old post, but wondering if you ever found resolution to the issue? Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos