Service fails to publish due to it's name

Jump to solution
05-30-2021 06:05 PM
Labels (1)
JustinOdell
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

In my development and testing I have created, deleted and recreated a hosted feature service many times on my Enterprise Portal. Now that I have nailed down my design and workflow I am unable to publish the service using the same unique name I have in the past. Now I receive an error saying the service fails to publish. I have checked to see if there is content by this unique name on the Hosted server, or in 'My Content' and there isn't. I have flushed all the Staging data in my 'Local' data, but alas I am still having problems publishing.

If I change the name of the service, the service will publish no problems at all. The problem is I want to have the service with this unique name which won't publish...

Any thoughts as to what is causing this and how I can resolve it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinOdell

Issue has been resolved. Portal Admin was able to find another service with the same name living on the server somewhere and were able to delete it for me. All works now!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you confirm that there is no service by the same name in the REST directory for your portal? Your hosting server should be synced up with the Portal, but I've seen it happen where the Portal Item was removed without affecting the underlying Service.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JustinOdell

Hi Josh, I can confirm there is no service by the same name in the Hosted server. I may not have access to view content across all the other folders so it might be possible there is something by the same name lingering elsewhere.

0 Kudos
JustinOdell

Issue has been resolved. Portal Admin was able to find another service with the same name living on the server somewhere and were able to delete it for me. All works now!

0 Kudos