Service Area Analysis - different results in ArcMap vs ArcPro ?

04-12-2019 08:47 AM
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to create a 2.5 mile service area around all the fire stations with Ladder Trucks. I ran the analysis in ArcMap and in Pro, using the same settings. But the results don't match. The Line generated matches but not the polygons. For example , the screen shot below shows the service area polygons and Line created in Pro (green) and ArcMap(blue) . There are no line generated in the area highlighted in the middle, but the ArcGIS Pro generated service area polygon covers that area. Also, the service area polygon for station 45 looks so different in Pro vs ArcMap even though the line generated are the same.-

ArcPro

ArcMap

ArcMap

Any idea what could be causing this ? Is ArcGIS Pro more accurate than ArcMap?

14 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

What settings were used in ArcMap and Pro? Default? Do note that by default, ArcGIS Pro does Standard Precision and not Generalized. In ArcMap, the default setting is Generalized.

DylanHarwell
Occasional Contributor

I've compared both and the polygons still were slightly different. Not as radically different as in this example though.

0 Kudos
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

The above example is - Generalized in ArcMap and High Precision in ArcPro.  I tried the std precision in Pro with the generalized in ArcMap and that also was different .

0 Kudos
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

The travel Mode - i changed to Trucking in Pro. Didn't see anything for that in ArcMap.

0 Kudos
Ryan_ESRICommunity
New Contributor II

Hello, Like the others, I'm wondering if there's been any update on this thread? I've searched through the settings in Pro to reproduce the polygon output from AcrMap but I can't seem to locate a "generalized" setting. The only options are Standard and  High precision? Accordingly, is it even possible to emulate the results or is this just a function of different solver being employed in Pro? Thanks!

0 Kudos