select multiple features to edit in attributes pane

Jump to solution
11-13-2020 01:45 PM
Labels (1)
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

In Pro, I'm trying to edit attributes of multiple features at the same time. I use the select by rectangle tool with the Attributes pane open. When I finish the selection, I can see all the selected features in the Attributes pane, but then I have to select the features one by one using ctrl-click to edit attributes at the same time. Is there an easier way to select all of the selected features for editing? Context menu doesn't appear to give any appropriate options.

@KoryKramer - am I missing something super obvious?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hey @JimmyKnowles   do you mean like this?

KoryKramer_0-1605304430154.png

You click the first one, then go to the last one that you want to edit and Shift+click.

You'll then see (Different Values) if indeed the values for a field are different across those multiple features, and you can update and apply the value for multiple features at the same time.

Does that work for you?

View solution in original post

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@JimmyKnowles 

I was just given an assist by editing guru Scott Harris @Scott_Harris, and the better way to do this is to just click on the layer's node:

KoryKramer_0-1605305067164.png

BAM, then you're acting on just those selected features, and eliminating the need to scroll and shift+click.

Hope this helps (even more)!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hey @JimmyKnowles   do you mean like this?

KoryKramer_0-1605304430154.png

You click the first one, then go to the last one that you want to edit and Shift+click.

You'll then see (Different Values) if indeed the values for a field are different across those multiple features, and you can update and apply the value for multiple features at the same time.

Does that work for you?

JimmyKnowles

@KoryKramer - that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! And now I realize this works in any 'list' in Pro (i.e. contents pane, catalog view, etc.).

Hope you're doing well!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@JimmyKnowles 

I was just given an assist by editing guru Scott Harris @Scott_Harris, and the better way to do this is to just click on the layer's node:

KoryKramer_0-1605305067164.png

BAM, then you're acting on just those selected features, and eliminating the need to scroll and shift+click.

Hope this helps (even more)!

JimmyKnowles

That works even better @KoryKramer. I thought I tried that, but obviously I didn't or wasn't paying close enough attention.

Thanks @Scott_Harris for the better way of doing this.

I think I learned enough new things for a Friday 🙂