Select Layer by Attribute taking forever in ArcGIS Pro

02-26-2020 02:17 PM
ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

I've created a model that compares two tables that have been joined. I use the select layer by attribute tool to select two fields that are not identical. Table1.this <> Table2.this, for example. If the values don't match, then that attribute is updated with the value from Table2. It all works fine, but it's taking an unreasonably long time. I have about 12 fields being checked, but each Select Layer by Attribute tool takes 15-20 minutes in the modelbuilder. 15 minutes to select something? It takes the model about 2.5 hours to run, and it's a fairly simple model. Select and calculate. I know ArcGIS Pro is *exponentially* slower than ArcMap in every aspect, especially geoprocessing tools, but this just seems ridiculous. I've cleared the cache, checked all my settings, and my computer has plenty of memory. What's going on?

1 Reply
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Chandler Callison‌ sorry you are experiencing this performance problem. Would you be willing to share your project package? We would like to troubleshoot the issue. Send to dflater@esri.com, or contact tech support. 

0 Kudos