Select to view content in your preferred language

Select by location, have their center in

01-16-2024 03:48 PM
CCWeedcontrol
Regular Contributor

I'm attempting to execute a straightforward select by location operation using "Have their center in" with Pro. I initially thought this was comparable to ArcMap's Select by Location with the condition "Have their centroid in the source layer feature." However, when I try to perform the same operation in ArcGIS Pro using "Have their center in," I encounter the following error: "Error 160306: The server was not found." My objective is to select features from Layer B whose centroid falls within the boundaries of polygons in Layer A.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Great solution to this problem (not!)

160306: The server was not found.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

but barring that, are you working with locally stored data with both layers in the same map with the same coordinate system.  Any variations from that might go a long way to narrowing the issue and its vague solution.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Without showing your workings, how you run the tool, what the parameter inputs were, it's not possible to answer this question. You need to edit your question and add much more detail. Currently your question is akin to saying my car won't start, and my first response is have you put the key in the ignition?

0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
Regular Contributor

My issue was, I put the polygon layer inside the geodatabase feature data set. Once I have the polygons layer and table in the geodatabase root folder, everything worked fine.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you doing this through the tool itself? or via code?

If the former, try navigating directly to the location rather than selecting what may appear by default.

If by code, then the paths may be an issue, so the code needs to be seen

... sort of retired...