Search Layer Attributes in ArcGIS Pro Similar to "Find Tool" in ArcMap

Jump to solution
10-02-2015 07:09 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Greetings,

I am the GIS Planner for a local municipality in South Carolina and I've been having some issues with the implementation of ArcGIS Pro. By far the most important tool that I use in my day-to-day workflow is the "Find" tool, the tool that allows me to quickly search the attributes of the layers in my map. Everything that we do in our city is tied and indexed via the individual parcel number. The address helps as well but not all parcels have an assigned address, and we have ~100,000 parcels of land in our city. The ability to type in the parcel number in the Find tool, hit the search button, and seconds later find the specific parcel is the most important tool that we use as an organization. For the life of me I can't find a way to do this in ArcGIS Pro, though admittedly I haven't had the chance to sit down and go through every window and help file. Long story short, is there something simple that I'm overlooking? I see the "Locate" tool but it seems like that only searches addresses via a locator and I can't figure out how to get it to search my layer attributes, if it is even possible. Until I have the ability to search the attributes of my layers I won't be utilizing Pro at all, it just doesn't make any sense at this point. So, if this is a user error and I'm overlooking the tool/process to do it can someone please fill me in? And if there isn't a way to do this as of right now can the ESRI developers PLEASE put this in a future release?

Thank you for your help,

-Justin

Tags (1)
14 Replies
KevinLaird
New Contributor

Was the feature search implemented in ArcGIS PRO 1.3?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where is feature search now? I was using in 2.7 where I could say which layer to search in and put in a text string but now in 2.8 it seems to be gone?!

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This one? 

Under Map tab

JayantaPoddar_1-1623962435764.png

JayantaPoddar_0-1623962365558.png

Think Location
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, thank you. It's very different from the previous version I was used to so I missed it at first.

0 Kudos