Scheduled tools no longer running

Jump to solution
05-12-2021 07:31 AM
Labels (1)
AnnaStam
New Contributor III

I have three scheduled tools (one from ModelBuilder, and two from Python scripts) that used to run daily. All of a sudden the tools no longer run - there are no errors, they just do not run when using the scheduler. When manually running them, they work just fine.

The only things that have changed are:

1. My computer name, and

2. My organization has configured Portal but we have not switched things over yet.

I am signed in to ArcGIS Pro with my AGOL account. Any ideas what the issue could be? Below is a screenshot showing the scheduled tools that have not run.

pic.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnnaStam
New Contributor III

I was able to resolve this issue by following the steps listed here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-performance-team/task-scheduler-error-8220-a-specifie...

I then re-created the tools, rescheduled them, and relaunched Pro.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnnaStam
New Contributor III

I was able to resolve this issue by following the steps listed here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-performance-team/task-scheduler-error-8220-a-specifie...

I then re-created the tools, rescheduled them, and relaunched Pro.

0 Kudos
pnpferreira
New Contributor II

You were able to fix that?? I have a client with the same issue on a virtual machine. But I was unable to reproduce the issue on my local machine? Could you help me? 

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@AnnaStam @pnpferreira When I updgraded from ArcGIS Pro 2.8 to 3, all of my scheduled tools/models will no longer run.  I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

I upgraded Pro to 3.1 today and I still cannot run a scheduled tool/model....

Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issues, I have a handful of scheduled tools (both Model Builder and Python).

I was provided a new computer and I am testing to run a few of my scheduled tool, but no luck so far. When I checked on MS Task Scheduler, it looks like it tries to run the tools but it just stops after a few seconds....

It still runs on the old machine, so now we could not retire that machine until we get this one figured out.

0 Kudos