10-02-2019 09:37 AM
_____
by

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Ian Broad - for an issue like this where your expectation is that somebody from Esri replies to you directly, the best path would be to work with Technical Support.  They can work with you directly to troubleshoot the error.  GeoNet is not a platform that Esri has stood up to provide technical support directly by Esri staff, though as you know, staff are very active and we try to help.

That said, to get at a couple of the comments above about not wanting the important script to rely on being signed into ArcGIS Online (I'm assuming you mean just to authorize the software using the Named User licensing model), it is possible to authorize ArcGIS Pro with a Single Use or Concurrent Use license.

Start here Single Use licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  and there is plenty of other help in the sidebar:

So if the "RuntimeError: Not signed into Portal." error was due solely to not being able to authorize ArcGIS Pro using a Named User license, having a Single Use license on the machine running the script should resolve that.  However, we don't know what the script is doing, and if it were, for example, opening up different processes on different machines, then of course each machine would need to be licensed.  

Hopefully this is helpful as a start to troubleshooting the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

How does it get the ArcGIS Pro license?  We are having some issues in that respect as we migrate our overnight scripts from 2.x python into 3.x python.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
_____
by

//

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

At the moment, our ArcGIS Pro licenses come from ArcGIS Online through named users. The service account that runs the scheduled task isn't on the named user list, so we had to move a license from that pool to the local server where that service account runs the task/python script.

The transition we are now faced with, from traditional ArcGIS (ArcMap, Catalog) to ArcGIS Pro is a challenge on many fronts....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
_____
by

//

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Kory Kramer‌ should be able to forward it the appropriate people.

Bump quit.

_____
by

//

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That's why flagged Kory..., Pro advocacy is his job (Customer Experience Lead)

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Ian Broad - for an issue like this where your expectation is that somebody from Esri replies to you directly, the best path would be to work with Technical Support.  They can work with you directly to troubleshoot the error.  GeoNet is not a platform that Esri has stood up to provide technical support directly by Esri staff, though as you know, staff are very active and we try to help.

That said, to get at a couple of the comments above about not wanting the important script to rely on being signed into ArcGIS Online (I'm assuming you mean just to authorize the software using the Named User licensing model), it is possible to authorize ArcGIS Pro with a Single Use or Concurrent Use license.

Start here Single Use licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  and there is plenty of other help in the sidebar:

So if the "RuntimeError: Not signed into Portal." error was due solely to not being able to authorize ArcGIS Pro using a Named User license, having a Single Use license on the machine running the script should resolve that.  However, we don't know what the script is doing, and if it were, for example, opening up different processes on different machines, then of course each machine would need to be licensed.  

Hopefully this is helpful as a start to troubleshooting the issue.

0 Kudos
maryandrews
New Contributor III

I think the problem I am having is related so I'll ask for help here.  I have a number of batch processes that run python scripts via task scheduler.  They run great and then all the sudden a few weeks into them running flawlessly my scripts fail.  Turns out my user name is getting signed out of ArcPro.  I have learn that automatic sign in is only good for 14 days and then you are no longer signed it.  If I manually open ArcPro and sing in my scripts go back to working fine.  I tired adding arcpy.SingInToPortal  to my scripts but it doesn't seem to sign me in to ArcPro and therefor does not fix the problem.  

If I remember correctly, arcmap with 2.7 had a way to check out a licence.  So I tested checking out an extension in 3.x for Arcpro.  Extension check out fine but did not sign me in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I don't want to have to manually start ArcPro and sign in every 13 days.

Buy the way, I called Technical support to ask how to "sign in" via my python script and I have not gotten an answer back yet.  

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos