reverse geocoding - output with null values

Jump to solution
10-23-2019 08:36 AM
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Hi all!

I'm trying to calculate addresses for some of our features, but when I'm using the reverse geocoding tool in Pro, the attributes of the output feature class all have null values, with the exception of the calculated address.

I do have the address now, but there's no way to join the geocoded featureclass back to the original featureclass to fill in the addresses.

The locator was created in Pro. In ArcMap (10.7), the same process results in a geocoded featureclass that includes all values from the original table.

What am I missing here? Is this just another Pro issue?

Thanks for your help!

Marc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

most likely a source data issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

most likely a source data issue.

South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Robert, how can it be a source data issue when reverse geocoding the same source in ArcMap works fine, but not in Pro? The output table in Pro carries over all fields from the source, but with the exception of the address fields, all other fields have null values.

EricAnderson17
Occasional Contributor

Hi Marc,

Can you provide a screenshot to better illustrate the issue you are having? 

There's a handful of fields that get created in the output of the Reverse Geocode tool, including "REV_Street", "REV_City", etc. (if you turn off option to display field aliases). Are you saying the only field that gets returned with meaningful values is "REV_Match_addr" and every other field created by the Reverse Geocode tool (REV_*) has null values in it? 

You state the locator was created in ArcGIS Pro, but based on the fact that you're using it in ArcMap as well, I assume you built it with the Create Address Locator tool, and not the newer Create Locator tool. Would you be willing to test building a new locator with the Create Locator tool and see if the behavior is better? 

Create Locator—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

-Eric

South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Eric, thanks for chiming in. Turns out that the source featureclass had a join with a different table. After removing the join, the reverse geocoding tool carried over all source attributes correctly. So it was indeed a source data issue..