Returnig to an older version of Pro

08-16-2022 07:11 AM
MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

I always use the geoprocessing tool, "Tiled Labels to annotation".

No problem until now that I have updated to 3.0.1.  Only generating empty database.

See labelling in my map for the extend I use, but anything is converted in each annotation generated.

So how to return to v 3 or even 2.x to be able to do some works.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go to https://my.esri.com/#/downloads/ArcGIS%20Pro/2.9 to see older version download files. If you're not authorized to access this page of My Esri, you'll need to reach out to whomever at your organization has access.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

Why is always complicated with Esri an not implement something in the program to get back if problem occur after installation.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you need to downgrade, you will have to uninstall 3.x and re-install 2.x from 'My Esri' in your profile if your organization has enabled that functionality. If not, you'd have to talk to your Esri license administrator to obtain access to the older version.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You can uninstall the ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 service pack by going to Control Panel->Uninstall a program->(top left) View installed updates->then click the ArcGIS Pro Patch 1 (3.0.1) and uninstall.  This will remove the service pack back to ArcGIS Pro 3.0.  Then retest your workflow.  Does the GP tool work as expected?

MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

@Robert_LeClair 

Ok, try it after lunch.  Know it was working in 2.x.  Will retry an keep you inform.

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

Lost,  Try to look inside Pro an see nothing.  Try to look in Windows software installer and the only entry is ArcGIS Pro.  No way to find the patch you refer to.

pro.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

On your Windows PC, lower left and next to the Start button is a search window.  Search for Control Panel.  Then click "Uninstall a program."   In the first attached image, you'll see the primary view of to install/uninstall programs.  Click "View installed updates"  In the second attached image, you'll see the ArcGIS Pro 3.01 patch.  Click that and uninstall.  When it completes the uninstall process, you'll be back at ArcGIS Pro 3.0.0.
controlpanel1.JPGcontrolpanel2.JPG

MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor
Sorry,

No search box in the start button like in Win 2000. I try with the search box of parameters and, the only change is the look of the box but still only one entry for pro. Maybe it’s because we use Remote Desktop. Monday I will ask the manager of our system when he arrives from is honeymoon.
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Could be remote desktop but more likely the version of Windows you're using.  Another way to get the search functionality in Windows is click the Windows start button and just start typing - control panel.  The first result is the control panel.

0 Kudos