Rematch Addresses pane becomes blank after applying Custom Query

06-18-2019 07:00 AM
WilliamRice
Occasional Contributor II

Product:  ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3

I have geocoded a table using a Custom Composite Locator and now want to review a subset of matched records using the ArcGIS Pro Rematch Addresses process.  As I have done for many years with ArcMap 10.x, with the ArcMap Interactive Rematch Dialog box, I want to define a subset of records to review with a query and then review, work thru, and rematch this user defined subset of records.  On the ArcGIS Pro Rematch Addresses pane, however, when I apply a Custom Query the subset of records do get properly selected in the Attribute Table but the Rematch Address pane then becomes blank.

In ArcGIS Pro, in the Rematch Addresses pane, how does one define a Custom Query and then review and rematch this subset of records just like I currently do with ArcMap ?

6 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

William:

Are you able to provide a screen shot of the behavior in the Rematch Addresses pane?

Does the behavior in the Rematch Addresses pane where it becomes blank occur with one of the locators that participates in the composite locator?

The screenshot below shows how to get to the location where you can create a Custom Query, which will open the Select by Attributes tool. The upper section of the Rematch Addresses pane should update based on your query. If the query only includes records with an unmatched status, you will only see the 'Unmatched' tab at the top.

0 Kudos
WilliamRice

Shana,

Yes, I see the "triple hamburger" where one needs to select the Custom Query option.

My custom query is to select all records that were matched to our "IRC_Streets" street centerline locator, our secondary locator, instead of matching to our primary locator to our Address Points.  I want to review these records to determine why the input addresses are not matching to an Address Point.   My Rematch Addresses screen goes blank after applying this custom query as shown in the screen snapshot below. 

It appears that the rematch functionality and behavior that currently exists in ArcMap 10.x does not appear to have yet been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3.  With the ArcMap Rematch dialog, one has the ability to create many named queries for subsequent repeated reuse and these "named" user define queries also has not been implemented in the Rematch process in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3.

Rematch Addresses Screen blank after applying a Custom Query that select all records match to street centerline locator "IRC_Streets"

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

William:

I am able to reproduce this behavior in 2.3.3, but not in ArcGIS Pro 2.4. 

You are correct, user defined queries that are maintained in ArcMap are not available in the same way as in Pro. We do have this item in our backlog of issues to address in a future release. The way to get around it is to create your custom query when the Select Layer By Attribute tool opens and click the Save button to save the query as an expression file that you can then load again. You would have to do that for each ArcGIS Pro session. ArcMap stores the reference to the custom ones in the registry.

WilliamRice

Shana,

i do not see Pro 2.4 available for download at My.esri.com.

Is there a release date set yet for ArcGIS Pro version 2.4 ?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I believe it should be available June 27th.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

My understanding is that ArcGIS 2.4 is targeted to be available by the User Conference.

0 Kudos