Relationship Class in ArcGIS Pro can't add records to related table

Jump to solution
04-20-2018 12:45 PM
JamieLeitch1
New Contributor III

I imported a feature layer from AGOL and imported it into my ArcGIS Pro project geodatabase as a new feature class called Street_Lights.  I then created a new table called Street_Lights_Inspections with a field called ParentGuid of type Guid, a date, and a comments field.  I created a one to many relationship class from Street_Lights to Street_Lights_Inspections using the GlobalID in Street_Lights to the ParentGuid in Street_Lights_Inspections.  I'd like to be able to add many inspection records to the Street_Lights_Inspections table for each Street Light.  When I select a street light point on the map, and click the Attributes tab, I can see that there is a related table as below:

Now I want to add a record to Street_Lights_Inspections.  When I right-click on Street_Lights_Inspections the "Add new to relationship" option is greyed out. What could I be doing wrong?

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2 Advanced

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamieLeitch1
New Contributor III

I got this from Support and it worked for me:

1. In the Catalog window:
   a.  Right-click the FGDB -> Refresh
2. In the Contents window:
   a. Remove the Street_Lights layer and Street_Lights_Inspections table from the map
   b. Add these back to the map by dragging them from the Catalog
   c. Now try 'Add New To Relationship' through the Attributes window.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I am experiencing the same issue as Jamie.  I followed the steps of a web video to add three tables and relationship classes to a feature class (Designing Related Records in ArcGIS Pro for use in ArcGIS Online - YouTube ).  I am seeing the same behavior as Jamie outlined above, a greyed out 'Add New to Relationship' option.  Actually, the two add and one remove options are greyed out in the right clicked menu for each of my three tables.

0 Kudos
JamieLeitch1
New Contributor III

I got this from Support and it worked for me:

1. In the Catalog window:
   a.  Right-click the FGDB -> Refresh
2. In the Contents window:
   a. Remove the Street_Lights layer and Street_Lights_Inspections table from the map
   b. Add these back to the map by dragging them from the Catalog
   c. Now try 'Add New To Relationship' through the Attributes window.

JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Badda Bing!  The refresh button gets me every time!  Thanks Jamie!  

0 Kudos
AnnaSan1
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue. I have re-done the relationship class a few times now and it still won't allow me to add or delete records to my related table.

I have tried refreshing the geodatabase and removing/adding the layers back to the map. It doesn't help. I have noticed I can add new records via ArcMap 10.6. What is going on here? Is this a bug? I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4

DougParent3
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. I am trying to make a map for Collector for catch basin inspections and I have added the catch basin layer and created a standalone table to make the relationship class with and it is grey for me too. I am able to perform the relationship class in Arc Catalog, but not in Pro. I also use Desktop 10.6 and have the current version of ArcPro. I was able to do this step in a Arc Pro tutorial, but not when I am trying to complete this with my own data. What gives????

0 Kudos
DougParent3
New Contributor II

I am new to ArcGIS Pro and discussed this issue with my supervisor and he did some digging around and discovered that my Licence was set to Basic, and this was the issue causing my inability to perform the Feature Relationship.

RobertTaylor5
New Contributor III

I do not believe this issue is solved.  I created a two tables and a simple parent-child relationship (composite, based on Global ID in main table).  When I select a record in the main table and try to add a record to the child table, I don't get the option to "Add new to the relationship".  If I add a record to the child table outside of the relationship, I can add it after the fact, but I get nasty warnings first about not allowing records that are not related to the main table.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 144128.png

0 Kudos