Rejoining outputs of iterators

05-04-2022 10:09 PM
KedaravindanBhaskar
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've used an iterator in ModelBuilder to name and create sample lines in the four compass directions. Now I want to rejoin these output tables *within* the ModelBuilder workflow.

I've attached an image that illustrates the challenge a bit better. I have 4 outputs in my contents pane but only one in my ModelBuilder workflow. This makes sense since I have used an iterator but I am unable to rejoin these tables.

Any ideas on what can be done?

Warm regards, Kedar

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I wonder if you use the If-Then-Else branching/logic to run the Iterator first, then when it's done it exists the iterator loop and then goes into the Add Join workflow.  I would think this could work.

0 Kudos
KedaravindanBhaskar
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion Robert,

From my understanding, the If-Then-Else branching logic is a script tool. I'm unfamiliar with it and I can't reliably test this solution.

I've passed this query on to my teacher. I will post his solution when he provides one.

0 Kudos
KedaravindanBhaskar
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

I am trying to achieve the workflow you suggested. I am using the "stop" tool to exit the iterator loop and then move to the "merge" tool to merge all 4 iterator outputs. "Continue" is set as a precondition for the merge operation.

I am not sure if the stop tool is working as intended. I want to stop the model when inputs are true (I understand "true" to mean inputs *are* present). However, although the inputs are true the model doesn't stop. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

P.S This is an excerpt of the model I initially shared but it's as a separate smaller model.

Warm regards, Kedar

0 Kudos