Reclassify tool (convert NODATA to value) works in ArcMap / fails in ArcGIS Pro

01-22-2021 09:58 AM
Labels (1)
mike-mike-mike
New Contributor

Good morning,

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I've already found a workaround for this issue, but it's less than ideal.

Using the reclassify tool (Spatial Analyst), I was reclassing a raster that created from a polygon feature class.

The raster had a value in each cell within the polygon, and a NODATA everywhere else.

Using the reclass tool in ArcMap, to change these NODATA cells to have a real value, worked fine.

Using the reclass tool in ArcGIS Pro, however, using the same feature classes, failed when I did this, with this error:

ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds. Failed to execute (Reclassify)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Notable Contributor

what did you use for the ... missing_values ... parameter?

UPDATE

You might want to have a look at this updated and recommended workflow for using Reclass for rasters.

It might provide some illumination on potential pitfalls and differences between arcmap and Pro

Reclassify Raster Data in ArcGIS Pro Spatial Analyst Extension (esri.com)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JimTenbrink
Esri Contributor

Hi Mike:

Which version of pro arc you using? Is it reproducible in Pro? If so, please either submit a tech support incident or post your data and precise steps to repro to this thread.

thanks,

Jim TenBrink

PS: Also double check your current GP environments (cell size, output sr, output extent, snap raster). Make sure they are what you intended.

0 Kudos