Reclassify tool (convert NODATA to value) works in ArcMap / fails in ArcGIS Pro

01-22-2021 09:58 AM
mike-mike-mike
New Contributor

Good morning,

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I've already found a workaround for this issue, but it's less than ideal.

Using the reclassify tool (Spatial Analyst), I was reclassing a raster that created from a polygon feature class.

The raster had a value in each cell within the polygon, and a NODATA everywhere else.

Using the reclass tool in ArcMap, to change these NODATA cells to have a real value, worked fine.

Using the reclass tool in ArcGIS Pro, however, using the same feature classes, failed when I did this, with this error:

ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds. Failed to execute (Reclassify)

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

what did you use for the ... missing_values ... parameter?

UPDATE

You might want to have a look at this updated and recommended workflow for using Reclass for rasters.

It might provide some illumination on potential pitfalls and differences between arcmap and Pro

Reclassify Raster Data in ArcGIS Pro Spatial Analyst Extension (esri.com)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike:

Which version of pro arc you using? Is it reproducible in Pro? If so, please either submit a tech support incident or post your data and precise steps to repro to this thread.

thanks,

Jim TenBrink

PS: Also double check your current GP environments (cell size, output sr, output extent, snap raster). Make sure they are what you intended.

0 Kudos
MorrisR2
New Contributor III

Hi @DanPatterson @Anonymous User  , I am also having a problem making a NODATA value reclassify, in order to exclude it from analysis (as per the link in Dan's post above). No error message is generated, just when the new raster is created, NODATA remains NODATA, and the supposedly assigned value (99) doesn't show up. My workflow in attachments 1-3. #3 shows the Attribute Table of the reclassified raster, with the Reclassify tool re-applied to this raster in the Catalog pane, confirming the NODATA remains NODATA.

Thanks

Richard 

0 Kudos
JamesTenbrink
New Contributor III

Hi Morris, 

in your input raster for screenshot 2, Raster_recl4, which values in the raster extent are nodata? I don't see any, but i'm not sure what your analysis extent is. If you want the vertical and horizontal strips on the perimeter of the display area to become nodata, then you can explicitly specify the current display extent as the analysis extent.

regards,

jim tenbrink

spatial analyst team

0 Kudos
MorrisR2
New Contributor III

Hi Jim - analysis extent and NODATA extent indicated in the attached. 

Cheers

Richard 

0 Kudos
JamesTenbrink
New Contributor III

Hi Richard:

In 2.png, the green is shown as having cell value '33'. Maybe I'm not reading it right?

Regards,

-jt

0 Kudos
MorrisR2
New Contributor III

You're right Jim, my error. I'm still confused why NODATA is showing when I go to Reclassify this TIF (3.png) however.

0 Kudos
JamesTenbrink
New Contributor III

I see. The UI is a little confusing on that point. The [NODATA,NODATA] row always shows up, regardless of whether your raster dataset (or current analysis extent) has nodata or not. We'll work on clarifying that ui/ux.

regards,

-jt

0 Kudos
MorrisR2
New Contributor III

The crux of the issue is I'm trying to use this raster in InVEST, and its saying I have a value of '0' as well as '33' and '40'. This NODATA issue has come up as I've tried to find a solution for that issue. 

0 Kudos