Raster to Point, then IDW - how to transfer values to Z-values

05-18-2022 10:47 AM
MorrisR2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm attempting to use IDW (Geostatistical Analyst) to represent neighbour effects between points. I've converted a raster of Nitrogen loads to points, and now want to use IDW to show how land covers effect the horizontal distribution of nitrogen. 

A couple of questions please (screenshot attached):

Raster to Point - how can I transfer the values (i.e. nitrogen load values) from the raster to the point attributes table? 

IDW - Z-value - continuing on from the above question, if I can get the nitrogen load values to be represented as the Z-values, I am aiming to use the  'Output cell size' and 'Power' parameters to mimic specific nitrogen distribution characteristics derived from literature review. To translate this process in spatial analytic terms, the 'Output cell size' possible parallels 'bandwidth' and 'Power' possibly parallels kernel magnitude. If you think other ArcPro tools would be better suited to this process I'd be very happy to hear about them.

Cheers

Richard 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardMorris
New Contributor III

Hi David - fantastic - the Extract Values to Point does the trick. I have a further, related query please. With IDW there doesn't appear to be a way to incorporate your own weighted matrix.  That gets set with the search radius/power combination (as I understand it). 

Is there a suitable tool for a setting a weighting matrix to the points that I now assigned values from the original raster? 

Many thanks

Richard 

0 Kudos