"Tool is no licensed " error

Jump to solution
11-22-2017 08:50 AM
TomGilpin
New Contributor II

Hi, I was trying to use the spatial analyst tool "kernel density" but I get an error message "Tool is not licensed". I'm using Arcgis Pro free trial. I unstalled and installed it again, but still getting the same problem.

Please help me!! Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

When you signed up for a trial i assume you got an ArcGIS Online page

<ORG>.maps.arcgis.com

If you did please sign in to www.arcigs.com using the username you use for ArcGIS Pro

Click My Organization

Click Manage Licenses

You should see a bar graph of products and extesnions > make sure that there is a graph for Spatial Analyst and it is assigned to you

Then you should be able to move forward

If you ahve Single Use ArcGIS Pro you may need to talk to your distributor to get an extension.

Manage licenses—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

normally all licenses that are made available at the ArcMap level are available in Pro.  When you installed Pro were you given the opportunity to register and/or install extensions like the spatial analyst?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Oh of course... the Spatial Analyst is a separate license and not part of the 'core' product...

Did you go through this page

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/about-licensing.htm

TomGilpin
New Contributor II

Thank you Dan, I solved it with John Plunkett's suggestion below. Thank you though!

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

When you signed up for a trial i assume you got an ArcGIS Online page

<ORG>.maps.arcgis.com

If you did please sign in to www.arcigs.com using the username you use for ArcGIS Pro

Click My Organization

Click Manage Licenses

You should see a bar graph of products and extesnions > make sure that there is a graph for Spatial Analyst and it is assigned to you

Then you should be able to move forward

If you ahve Single Use ArcGIS Pro you may need to talk to your distributor to get an extension.

Manage licenses—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

TomGilpin
New Contributor II

Wow, thank you, it was as simple as that, silly me. Problem solved!Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

The ArcGIS Trial definitely includes the Spatial Analyst extension as part of the download. John's reply is right--you have to assign the Spatial Analyst license to yourself in your trial ArcGIS Online organization (assuming you're the administrator). On the Manage Licenses page, you'll see the bar graph he described of products that come with your trial and available licenses. I think you'll have 5 Pro licenses available, 5 Spatial Analyst licenses, etc. Underneath that bar graph of available licenses is a list of the members of the organization (you will be one of them). Click your name. It shows up on the right side of the page under Selected members. Make sure your membership level is 2, which it probably already is. At the bottom of the page, click the Configure button. You'll see a column for ArcGIS Pro and a column for extensions. Check the box for Spatial Analyst and click the Update button. That should do it.

TomGilpin
New Contributor II

Yes,John was right. Thanks Tim!

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Not sure but after assigning the license you may need to restart ArcGIS Pro. You can always check what you're licensed for in Pro. From the start page of the application, click About ArcGIS Pro in the bottom left corner. (If you're in a project, click the blue Project tab.) This takes you to the project page. In the list of options on the left, click Licensing. In the top box, you'll see whether you have a Basic, Standard, or Advanced license. (The one that's not grayed-out is yours.) In the next box, you'll see a list of extensions and whether you have a license for them or not.